All of our companion care staff has obtained 40 hours of in-service and training consisting of course outline, skills checklist, and clinical hours prior to delivery of patient care. In-service and training must be signed off by a registered nurse.
Duties and Responsibilities
The personal care worker assists in providing nursing care by performing simple unskilled tasks from a written assignment sheet. The personal care worker is responsible to the RN case manager and ultimately to the administrator of Hannah Home Health Care.
Activities may include:
- Assistance with bathing
- Assistance with getting in and out of bed
- Teeth, mouth, shaving, denture, nail, and hair care
- Assistance with mobility and ambulation
- Skin care (except wound care)
- Care of eyeglasses and hearing aids
- Assistance with dressing and undressing
- Feeding and meal serving
- Simple transfers
- Changing the bed and laundry
- Light cleaning of the home
- Meal preparation